1. APPLICATIONS – These conditions apply whether a contract has been made in writing or verbally. The hirer acts on behalf of all the passengers travelling on the vehicle/s. The hirer is responsible for the actions and decisions of all passengers.
2. QUOTATIONS – Quotations are given on the basis of the most direct route. The route will be at the discretion of the company unless it has been particularly specified by the hirer at the time of booking in which case it will be clearly shown on the confirmation. All quotations are given subject to the company having available a suitable vehicle at the time the hirer accepts the quotation. Quotations are valid for 28 days unless otherwise notified.
3. USER AND RETENTION OF VEHICLE – The hirer cannot assume use of the vehicle between outward and return journeys, nor to remain at the destination for the hirer’s use unless this has been agreed with the Harrison Ford Travel in advance.
4. ROUTE AND TIME VARIAITON – Harrison Ford Travel reserves the right to levy additional charges for mileage or time other than that agreed. The vehicle will depart at times agreed by the hirer, and it is the responsibility of the hirer to account for all passengers at those times.
5. DRIVERS HOURS – The hours of operation for the driver are regulated by law and the hirer accepts the responsibility of ensuring the hire keeps to the hours and times agreed by the company. Neither the hirer nor any passengers shall delay or otherwise interrupt the journey in such a way that the driver is at risk of breaching regulations relating to driving hours and duty time.
6. SEATING CAPACITY – Harrison Ford Travel will specify the legal seating capacity each of the vehicle. The hirer must not load the vehicle beyond this capacity. Drivers will not carry any extra passengers over the seating capacity of the vehicle. All children must occupy their own seat.
7. CONVEYANCE OF ANIMALS – No animals (except guide or hearing dogs notified to Harrison Ford Travel in advance) may be carried without prior written agreement from the Harrison Ford Travel.
8. CONFIRMATION – Written confirmation by Harrison Ford Travel should be requested at the time of booking, otherwise the booking will be deemed confirmed on receipt of deposit of either 20% of £50, whichever is the greater.
9. PAYMENT – A deposit of 20% of the hire fee (minimum £50) is payable on booking the vehicles with the balance due 7 days before the date of the hire (10 days for cheques) unless Harrison Ford Travel has agreed in writing to vary this condition. Any deposit must be paid by the date stated the payment in full must be made prior to the hire unless otherwise agreed by Harrison Ford Travel. For account customers the company reserves the right to add 2% compound interest per calendar month, after the day by which payment should have been made.
10. CANCELLATION BY HIRER – a) If the hirer wishes to cancel any arrangements, the following scale charges will apply in relation to the total hire charge. PERIOD OF NOTICE CANCELLATION CHARGE 28 or more days prior to hire – 20% of hire charge (deposit) 27 to 15 days prior to hire – 45% of hire charge 14 days or less prior to hire – 75% of hire charge Day of hire 100% of hire charge b) The cost of accommodation, meals and tickets which have been purchased by Harrison Ford Travel at the request of the hirer, will be charged to the hirer, plus any administration charges incurred by the company. Tickets once purchased are not returnable and must be paid in full. c) Cancellation due to inclement weather conditions will be charged as above.
11. CANCELLATION BY THE COMPANY – In the event of any emergency, riot, civil commotion, strike, lockout, stoppage or restraint of labour or the happening of any event over which Harrison Ford Travel has no control (including adverse weather and road conditions) or in the event of the hirer taking any action to vary agreed conditions unilaterally, Harrison Ford Travel may return all money paid and without further or other liability, cancel the contract.
12. VEHICLE TO BE PROVIDED – a) Harrison Ford Travel reserves the right to provide a larger vehicle than that specified at no additional charge unless any extra seats are used. b) Harrison Ford Travel reserves the right to substitute other vehicles of similar quality (including those of other operators) for all or part of the hiring.
13. BREAKDOWN AND DELAYS – Harrison Ford Travel gives advice on journey time in good faith. However, as a result of breakdown or traffic congestion, or other events beyond the reasonable control of Harrison Ford Travel, journeys may take longer than predicted and Harrison Ford Travel will not be liable for any loss suffered by the hirer as a result.
14. AGENCY ARRANGEMENTS – Where Harrison Ford Travel hires-in vehicles from other operators at the request of the hirer and where Harrison Ford Travel arranges ancillary facilities such as meals, accommodation, ferries, admission tickets or any other services provided by another supplier, it does so as agent for and on behalf of the hirer. Any terms and conditions imposed by such other suppliers shall be binding on the hirer.
15. PASSENGERS’ PROPERTY – a) All vehicles operated by Harrison Ford Travel are subject to restrictions on carrying luggage for statutory safety reasons. The hirer accepts that the driver shall be the sole judge as to whether and to what extent passengers’ property is carried. b) Harrison Ford Travel carries personal property of the hirer and their passengers on the understanding that it will take all reasonable steps to avoid loss or damage. Harrison Ford Travel will not accept liability for any damage or loss of any property, which belongs to any passengers and is left on a vehicle. c) Any articles of found property recovered from a vehicle will be held at Harrison Ford Travel Offices and may be collected from there.
16. CONDUCT OF PASSENGERS – a) The on-board staff are responsible for the safety of the vehicle at all times and may remove any passenger whose behaviour prejudices safety or is in breach of the Public Service Vehicle (conduct of drivers, inspector, conductors and passengers) Regulations 1990. The hirer is responsible for any damage caused to the vehicle by any passenger for the duration of the hire. b) Where the hire is to a sporting event, the hirer should be aware of the legal requirements relating to alcohol, contained in the Sporting Events (control of Alcohol) Act 1985, and the conditions of entry to racecourses as laid down by the Race Course Association Ltd.
17. COMPLAINTS – In the event of a complaint, the hirer should seek a solution at the time by asking for assistance from the on-board staff or from the company. If this has not provided a remedy, complaints should be submitted in writing to the Operations Director, at the address shown on the contact information within 14 days of the termination of the hire.
18. NOTICES – No bill, poster or notices is to be displayed on any vehicle without the consent of Harrison Ford Travel.
19. REFRESHMENTS AND ALCOHOLIC DRINKS – Only food & beverages requested or pre-organised and provided by Harrison Ford Travel may be consumed on the vehicles.
20. SMOKING – All coaches are non-smoking.
21. SURCHARGES – Providing there are 30 days prior to the departure date, the company reserves the right to pass on increases in the cost of fuel and taxes imposed by the Governments of the UK. No surcharges will be levied within 30 days of departure. On notification of such surcharges, the hirer may cancel the booking subject to the scale of cancellation charges shown in paragraph 10. The liability of the hirer will be limited to the cancellation cost of the hire plus any ancillary services supplied.